Are You Missing A Tooth? Consider A Dental Implant!
- Posted on: Apr 30 2016
Remember when you lost a baby tooth and eagerly anticipated a visit from the Tooth Fairy? If you are an adult who is missing one or more teeth, it is unlikely you are eagerly smiling.
Teeth can be lost by trauma or athletic injury or because of gum disease, infection or decay – or a lifetime of poor dental habits. Occasionally, however, teeth are absent at birth.
Dental implants are one solution to missing teeth and are a great alternative to bridges, partials, or dentures. Implants have been around many years, but the dental implants of today aren’t your grandma’s dental implants.
Uses for dental implants:
- Old crowns or bridges that need to be replaced due to inflammation, pain or bad breath.
- Missing teeth may be affecting your personal relationships and the quality of your life.
- Loose and slipping dentures which are embarrassing and make it difficult to eat and embarrassing to smile.
How do dental implants work?
- Your implant begins with a strong metal post made of titanium or other strong metal that doesn’t rust or bend and functions like the root of your tooth. The post is surgically positioned in your jawbone beneath the gum line. It bonds with the bone where the tooth is missing, and provides a sturdy support for your custom-made crown.
- Implants won’t come loose, they are permanent; implants don’t have to be anchored to other teeth like bridges.
- Implants don’t decay. They feel, look and function like real teeth. But you must take good care of them by flossing, brushing and visiting our office regularly.
We look forward to meeting you – schedule a consultation.
At your consultation, we will take x-rays, carefully examine your teeth and determine if you have healthy gums and adequate bone to support an implant. If your bone it too thin or soft, you may require a bone graft. You must also be in good, general health.
Dr. Wylie has over 17 years of experience with dental implants and can provide you with a long-term solution, restore your self-confidence and put your worries about your missing teeth to rest. Call, today: (304) 845-2480.
Posted in: dental implants