Consider Porcelain Veneers For a Beautiful Smile
- Posted on: Nov 15 2015
There’s nothing like feeling confident in showing off your smile. You shine and feel great about interacting with your world. But you may want to consider a cosmetic dental procedure if your smile is less than confidence-building.
With the holidays just around the corner, now is the perfect time to consider a cosmetic dental procedure – specifically, porcelain veneers.
There are a wide variety of cosmetic dental options available depending on your budget and time commitment. Teeth whitening procedures can make a dramatic difference in the quality of your smile and are one of the most inexpensive professional cosmetic services. For those with larger budgets and a greater need for improvement, porcelain veneers may be the ideal solution.
- Porcelain veneers are extremely thin pieces of porcelain that are used to re-create the natural look of your teeth. They provide strength and resilience comparable to your natural tooth enamel. Porcelain is the veneer material of choice for those who need to make changes in tooth size shape, position or color.
- A tiny amount of original tooth enamel must be removed before the application of a veneer to create room for the veneer to fit inside your mouth.
- Porcelain veneers are an excellent option for gaps between teeth, fractured teeth, minor bite-related problems and when the original teeth have poor shape, color and contours.
- When stains do not respond well to whitening or bleaching a porcelain veneer may be the best option.
- Porcelain veneers are individually sculpted for each patient, making it almost impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth.
- Custom-made veneers are resistant to coffee and tea stains, reflect light the same way that natural tooth enamel does, and are strong, long-lasting and durable.
Now is the perfect time for you to invest in the future of your smile.
Posted in: Cosmetic Dentistry